Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dexter Ihnen

I love live music in Second Life. There’s an indescribable energy you can feel when you’re at the concert. By no means is it the same as actually going to a real life concert, but it’s close. There’s some kind of feeling you get when you gather with a group of people to hear an artist sing their heart out.





Yesterday I went to a concert put on by Dexter Ihnen at The Bay in the Kaiya Islands sim. He’s one of my favorite Second Life artist. He’s an Australian that sings in a funky Rock’n Roll style that I really enjoy. Yesterday he sang some original songs and some covers of songs by John Mayer, Marvin Gay, and Stevie Wonder just to name a few.





There’s some intangible pureness about a musician that sings and plays guitar without a backup band. It feels more intimate somehow.


Unfortunately I missed the last 20 minutes of the concert. My crazy uncle called me wanting to know my address. I have the strange feeling he’s going to send me something ridiculous, like a stuffed squirrel or something else equally silly. That reminds me, I need to cuss out my parents for giving him my cell number.

Did I mention he’s crazy?

Oops, went off on a tangent there… sorry about that!

Dexter put on a fun show and there was a good crowd there, 25 to 35 people at any given time. If you’re looking for live music, check out Dexter. You’ll be glad you did.




Live Music Fan Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment