Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Heaven's Pirate Cove

When I came back from my year long break, I spent my first day going through my landmarks, figuring out which were still good and which weren’t. To my dismay, one of my favorite hang outs, Sunset Cove was no longer around. I sent an IM to my friend, super hot Neko-girl Melian, asking what had happened. She told me the sim had closed, but many of the people had moved to a new place called Heaven’s Pirate Cove. Melian gave me the landmark and off I went to check it out.






I spent a few minutes looking around when I happened to bump into McKenna. I have a habit of perving a persons profile when I meet them, it’s a good way to get an idea of the kind of person they are….besides that’s what profiles are for. To my delight, I found that she was partnered with Solar, a friend of mine from Sunset Cove. As it turns out, Solar and McKenna own and manage the sim. I asked if they had homes for rent, and she was nice enough to give me a tour of the sim and show me what they had.



Solar and McKenna.  Good looking couple arn't they!

Heaven’s Pirate Cove is a mature, clothing optional sim. It’s open to the public, but the homes are private. The grounds have 7 Seas fishing, a club house, a couples retreat, and several hidden spots where you can cuddle with that special someone. There are meandering waterways throughout the sim that you can explore on jet skis or boat.



There are also two Heaven’s Pirate Cove clubs that hold weekly events.






Club 2Embrace holds events on Mondays and Tuesdays 6 to 8 pm SLT. Mondays there are hosted Zyngo games. OMG I love Zyngo!






Dizzy’s - For Hot Sax is a jazz club that holds events on Thursdays and Sundays 6:30 to 8:30 pm SLT. Dress code is strictly Black Tie during event hours. The club itself is reminiscent of the old school jazz clubs of the 30’s.




McKenna ended our tour in front of an empty house and I experienced what I can only call a Magical SL Moment. It was a feeling of rightness, of correctness, like this was the place I was supposed to be, a place that was waiting for me to find it. Call me emo, but I’ve come to realize something special about Second Life.

The world is digital, but the feelings are real.





HPC Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment